May 28, 2019
Operating a small business and thought about what exactly you need to do to onboard your new employee? Now, it could be simpler than you thought.
Each new employee needs to complete and provide you with the following forms:
- Tax file number declaration
- Superannuation (super) standard choice
In some cases an employee may also have to provide you with a withholding declaration and medicare levy variation declaration.
Employees can now access all of these forms through the ATO's online services. To access them they will need a MyGov account and they will need some details from you such as your ABN and details of your default superannuation fund.
By completing the Tax file number declaration and Superannaution (super) standard choice forms online through MyGov, a lot of an employees details can be pre-filled, making it much easier for an employee to complete.
After the employee has completed them using their MyGov, the employee needs to print the form and hand it to you so that you can input the details into your payroll software for electronic filing (for example Xero).
If you need help onboarding any new employees, please always feel free to get in contact with us on (07)4923 7004.
- 2018/19 Year-end Individual Tax Return Checklist
- 2020/2021 Federal Budget
- ALP Key Tax Policies
- ATO warning regarding annual leave loading and OTE
- Australian Cattle Herd Numbers Fall to Lowest Level in Over 20 Years
- Beware of Scams
- COVID 19 – Federal Government Support
- Deferred repayments. Is accrued interest on deferred loans tax deductible?
- Fast-tracking tax cuts for small and medium businesses
- Financial Budgeting for Success
Copyright © 2022 Knight Public AccountantsRockhampton | Accountant | Tax | Xero | Audit
Made with Zakazukha